What you need:
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup granulated raw sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1.5 tsp pure peppermint extract
- 6 oz. mini chocolate chips
- Blue food coloring
- Kitchenaid ice cream bowl and attachments
- How to make it
- In bowl, whisk together milk and sugar until dissolved.
- Stir in heavy cream and peppermint.
- Pour into the ice cream bowl (make sure you freeze the bowl overnight before using).
- Attach the mixer attachment and turn the stand mixer on 1 and mix for 10 minutes. Turn speed to 2 and mix for about 15 minutes.
During the last 5 minutes of mixing, slowly add in the chocolate chips. Transfer ice cream in airtight container and freeze for at least 5 hours.